Saturday, February 28, 2009

2009 Academy Awards Best Dressed

Hello

The 2009 Academy Awards red carpet is a runway showcasing the latest in fashion trends. As of now the trend if I'm not mistaken origami kind of like designs. Which in my opinion is very very glamorous because it shows the craftsmanship of the dress. Anyway here are my picks for Best Dressed... Enjoy...




Angelina Jolie

She's back. After wearing two tents to the last two award shows , she's back in a very very good way. She looks so elegant in this Elie Saab gown with the nice emerald jewels on her ear and hand. She looks like a Goddess . Its like she's standing telling us that her majesty has arrived. I like the corset of the dress . It fits perfectly. Nice pick on accessories. Might I say Brad Pitt looks good too xP


Penelope Cruz

Always a pleasure to watch on the red carpet. For this award she wore a vintage one of a kind dress. She looks like a princess. I like the lacey stuff on the gown. I like the hair and make up. What can i say about this fashionista and her latina bod.


Evan Rachel Wood
Another stunningly gorgeous Elie Saab creation. What I like about her look is that it gives me a very classic old timeless Hollywood kind of feel :) and I love that. This time the dress is definitely not wearing her and she is wearing the dress . She didn't over accessorize and that's a plus cause if she did it would have been a total failure instead of a total success . I love the colour on her skin it looks fresh and new and edgy for some reason . This was definitely one of my most favourite dresses of the evening. Can't you tell?



Tara P. Henson

This dress looks so nice but at the same time it looks like a scary mummy x) i think its because of the layers . But its still amazing. The tier after tier of organza and chiffon is genius. Thumbs up to Roberto Cavali who did an amazing job on this dress. However, I wish she used a different colour of a clutch.

Kate Winslet
In a stunning very modern, edgy and fashion forward gown. I love this girl she always plays with symmetry on the red carpet. Which is something by the way kind of bold in a fashion way cause most celebs would probably stick to those safe classic kind of silhouette's and all. However I would have prefered for her to wear something else because i have always pictured her as classic old hollywood. But none the less she looks beautiful in this gown and with the hair and make up as well.

Jennifer Aniston
I have no clue who designed her dress but it looks great. Don't you think so? Anyway she choose a very nice good looking gown which is good cause i mean who doesn't want too look good right? I love the lines on the dress cause it really gives shape and movement to the dress and the bodice of Jennifer Aniston. Her hair and skin looks flawless. Must be that vacation she had earlier with John Mayer . It must have been one heck of a vacation :)....


Anne Hathaway
One of my favourites to watch. I love the bunned up hair it, lets her show off her lovely shoulders and arms. I love that red lips of her it lets her features pop :)... I love the lines on a dress it adds life to the dress. I think i'm starting to see a line trend which I don't really mind at all. I like the piats on her dress simply shinning nicely on the dress . It makes her glow in a way.



Natalie Portman

Pretty in pink. This colour really stand out on the red carpet because it was rare . The only other celeb I know who wore the same colour was Alicia Keys. I love the flowyness in this dress. Love the classic elegances she was emitting when on the red carpet. I like the fact that Rodarte added those little gold things on the torso part of the dress instead of it being head to toe pink. It reminds me of the show pinky and the brain for some reason I don't know why. By the way, pinky and the brain was a cartoon about two rats that i used to watch last time.

Marisa Tomei

FINALLY ! Marisa Tomei has finally redeemed herself from the last two red carpet disaster's in this gorgeous Versace Ateliar . I like this origami trend going around. It really really shows how much effort it takes to make a gown and the creativity in its construction. Imagine how many people, hours and sweat it must have took to make this beautiful gown. Simply stunning however I wish it wasn't a one shoulder but still it realy is a work of art.

Amy Adams

This beautiful gown was designed by Carolina Herera for the Doubt's co-star Amy Adams. I love the lines on the dress . Like iI said before it gives shape To her figure. I love the necklace but i wished she didn't choose that necklace. Maybe a champgne coloured jewel or sparkling diamonds or a bare neck would have helped bring this dress to the next level. The colour of this dress is so rich and it looks amazing against her skin and hair. She just always looks great on the red carpet. Still loving her :)

Alright thats all for my picks on the Best Dressed for this year's Academy Awards. I hope you've enjoyed reading this post and do me a favour dear reader, and let me know which one of my picks was your favourite. Till then Adieu.

-natalie-

No comments: